About / Rules
Patriactionary = Portmanteau of ‘patriarchal’ and ‘reactionary’.
Who we are
Christian men who reject modernity, feminism, and churchian weak-sauce.
Our blog, our rules.
Commenting at Patriactionary is a privilege, not a right.
You will not be allowed to comment here if:
- You use obvious shaming tactics
- You’re an obvious troll – whether a shrieking fembot, a flaming liberal, an axe-grinding, chip-on-your-shoulder anti-Christian / anti-religious atheist, or a bloodthirsty, foaming-at-the-mouth, rabid, warmongering neo-con, or any other kind of annoying troll with no business being here. We welcome genuine debate, but not insulting, condescending, sneering comments or shrieking hate-filled remarks.
- You are a female pretending to be a male
- You annoy Will
- You bore Matthew
- You aggravate Ulysses / Dr. Eric Stratton
- You somehow manage to exasperate ElectricAngel enough, who is extraordinarily patient
- You sound fat
- You sound stupid / add nothing worthwhile to the discourse.
Things that annoy Will
- Stupidly holding Protestantism responsible for all the problems of modernity – or likewise, blaming the Church of Rome for everything, or both, or all of Christianity. There’s enough blame to go around, for anyone who is fair-minded, and rational; we don’t want either Protestant, Roman Catholic, or Eastern Orthodox bigots, who hold unfair and jaundiced views of those of other traditions, conveniently blaming them for all ills – and definitely, we have no use for anti-Christian bigots. All you hyperpartisan, overly biased idiots can get your own blogs, and bloviate elsewhere; you won’t do it here.
- Those who claim to be Reformed but support theonomists, theocrats, anti-2K pietists, etc. No Doug Wilson, Doug Phillips, Mark Driscoll, R.C. Sproul Jr., and similar shills welcome, nor people like the late Harold Camping, etc.; go bloviate on your own blogs about how the rest of the Reformed world, who don’t follow personality cults but rather belong to established churches, are somehow wrong in doing so. Not interested.
- “But the Greek says / the Hebrew says…” (i.e. arguments that the common, orthodox interpretation of what Scripture says are wrong, due to mistranslations / misunderstandings in preparing translations, twisting the original meaning, which ostensibly would have permitted certain heresies / immoral behaviour)
- Irrational female-style argumentation tactics, e.g. “You’re wrong, because that’s not true of people I know / where I live…”
- Spergy bitches ranting incoherently / inconsistently, without a discernable point to their rants.
- Real personal insults and rudeness towards us bloghosts (as distinguished from good-natured, manly ribbing); condescending attitudes and excessive snarkiness towards us
- “Guilt-by-association” objections to links: address the substance of what is being discussed, not the website hosting, or character traits of the person that are not relevant to the subject at hand. Esp. no whining, “But he’s / she’s / they’re raaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccciiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssttttttttttttt!”, and the like.
- Telling us how we ought or ought not to run our site.
- Poor spelling, punctuation, and the like.
- Commenting for the first time on really, really old posts while (a) having nothing to say that hasn’t already been said by others, and/or (b) vehemently disagreeing in an insulting, attacking manner, troll-like – on a long-dead post. Do you really think you’re gonna get your comment approved? No, idiot.
- Wanting to comment at our blog when you either (a) don’t allow any comments at your own blog (that’s your privilege, but don’t expect to be part of any conversation, other than through back-and-forth blog posts, at most) or (b) don’t allow dissenting comments, which is even less fair play: that means you want your voice heard at our blog, but won’t necessarily allow ours? You don’t get to comment here.
- Misunderstanding / misrepresenting a position, and viewing it in the worst possible way.
- People who wrongly argue that polygamy is consistent with New Testament Christianity; it is not.
- Other things; the above list is by no means exhaustive. If you wish to comment, don’t annoy me.
Things that bore Matthew
- Digression cascades
- Females describing their persons without providing photographic evidence
Things that aggravate Ulysses / Dr. Eric Stratton
- Confusing realism and misogyny, in either direction. We are men, not Little Rascals
- Forgetting you know only what you do not know
- Being unaware that they are called skinny jeans for a reason
Things that exasperate ElectricAngel
- Leading the little lambs to slaughter, like Milton’s Satan jealously looking on the Garden of Eden
- Making poor arguments for a position he holds dear
- Lazy Englishmen who use the myth of the Black Spaniard to whip up fear in the populace so as to keep their ill-gotten wealth during the “Reformation.” Say “Spanish Inquisition” to him and he will descend upon you with all the unimpeachable logic and rapier wit of St. Edmund Campion
- People who use “where” when they mean “were,” and people who use “loose” when they mean lose.
November 2, 2011 at 1:25 pm
That’s “Aboot” for all ye Canadians.
November 3, 2011 at 12:16 am
And ‘Abowt’ for you Americans.
November 3, 2011 at 7:31 pm
Best. Rules. Ever.
November 3, 2011 at 7:36 pm
Our thanks! Glad you like ’em.
I am not Spartacus
November 4, 2011 at 10:44 am
Dear Patriactionary. I just discovered you added me to your Blog Roll. I am honored. Thank you and Bless you; and, I have to add, your rules are prolly the best rules I have ever read anywhere
November 4, 2011 at 2:43 pm
@ I am not Spartacus
I added you. I saw your comments over at Chronicles, clicked on your name, and was impressed with what I read. I am not technically a Roman Catholic, but I do plan on converting and therefore I am very sympathetic to Roman Catholics.
November 8, 2011 at 6:10 pm
I find the use of the “Moohammer” interesting.
November 8, 2011 at 6:48 pm
We aim to please. 🙂
Moo for the cows, baa for the rams.
November 8, 2011 at 8:16 pm
Guess who gets “Ssluuuuurrrrp” the first time he shows up.
November 8, 2011 at 8:17 pm
I don’t know; who?
November 8, 2011 at 8:23 pm
Imagine a little yap-yap dog, licking his balls.
November 8, 2011 at 8:55 pm
If it be one individual I’m thinking it might be that you’re talking about, I don’t think he ever will show; I think he knows better.
November 9, 2011 at 12:44 pm
There’s no incentive for him to show here.
November 9, 2011 at 2:07 pm
No pity parties for him, indeed.
November 9, 2011 at 3:02 pm
One of the best things about this site is that useless piece of shit won’t ever show. Tired of his whining, his bitching, and his trademark obtuseness.
November 16, 2011 at 10:57 am
I found your blog through a circuitous route from Bonald’s blog, but was happy to find I’m on your blog roll. I’ll be adding you to my own; just wanted to say thanks and I wish there was some sort of a reference list for blogs like these because I’m always looking for them and I have a hard time finding them unless it’s by some labyrinthine route.
November 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm
Hey trent13, welcome. I remember you from a convo @ the Counter-Feminist’s, a year or so ago. Cheers.
One good resource, is Hawaiian Libertarian’s blogroll; it’s impressive; he’s probably got most if not all of the manosphere covered…
As for tradosphere lists, I think ours is fairly extensive… 😉
February 21, 2012 at 11:49 pm
Interesting human biodiversity reading list:
February 22, 2012 at 10:02 am
Thanks Thomas! Will take a look.
Though I’m not sure how we feel, collectively, about HBD; I can buy some of it, but not being an evolutionist, my beliefs will differ as to cause (i.e. I will credit God for human differences rather than natural selection).
February 22, 2012 at 12:14 pm
Will, that’s just HBD Christian who likes to push his HBD lists on every site he comes across. I personally am open to HBD. Anyone can see that the races and ethnicities have discernible differences.
February 22, 2012 at 12:17 pm
I do not believe in 6-day Creationism but I do believe in Intelligent Design and in microevolution. That being said, whenever the dip into HBD ventures too far into material reductionism, I reject it.
February 22, 2012 at 12:29 pm
I’m open to it, too, Svar, to a point. I don’t believe it’s the end all be all, though.
Microevolution is a fact, observed many times over. We make use of it when we breed animals and plants, of course.
Intelligent Design really strikes me as another term for creationism, minus the six days aspect. I believe in it, too, along with the six days of creation, roughly six millennia ago.
February 22, 2012 at 12:30 pm
“whenever the dip into HBD ventures too far into material reductionism, I reject it.”
February 22, 2012 at 2:05 pm
“I’m open to it, too, Svar, to a point. I don’t believe it’s the end all be all, though.”
Exactly. But there are always those trolls that like to push it even when it’s irrelevant to the topic at hand. That’s what I was referring to.
“Microevolution is a fact, observed many times over. We make use of it when we breed animals and plants, of course.”
Yes, and it(and the Tower of Babel) also explains the diversity of the human race. There are 6 main races(Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid, Australoid, and Amerindian) and numerous subraces and ethnicities within each.
“Intelligent Design really strikes me as another term for creationism, minus the six days aspect. I believe in it, too, along with the six days of creation, roughly six millennia ago.”
That’s exactly what it is.
March 28, 2012 at 5:13 pm
thanks for the link love
March 28, 2012 at 5:34 pm
Hey Danny, you’re welcome. I love muffaletta and po’ boy sandwiches, and red beans and rice, so I just had to link your recipes. 🙂
April 12, 2012 at 8:20 pm
7man also doesn’t like when you show up to put up instead of shut up. He deletes the comment.
April 12, 2012 at 8:22 pm
Interesting. What was the comment, Cane?
April 12, 2012 at 8:30 pm
I emailed it to you.
April 13, 2012 at 12:42 am
canecaldo: I have liked your contributions to our comments. With this, though, you crowed too soon. Have some Christian charity, eh?
April 13, 2012 at 11:09 am
The comment was deleted until Cane happened to make this little comment here. I find that interesting, don’t you Matthew?
April 13, 2012 at 11:41 am
I deleted the comment. After 7man and I conferred, we decided to let it stand or fall on its own merit. It was my error; 7man corrected it.
April 13, 2012 at 11:42 am
Svar is correct–they deleted it first, and then reinstated it hours later. Also, my summary responses were banned. Two, to be precise. One to each of them. I have yet to be given a chance to be charitable.
By the way, ‘mean-spirited’ is another way of saying “being angry at your brother without just cause”.
I really don’t care if I’m banned forever. After my spat and subsequent leaving from TC (they didn’t ban or delete me, to their credit) I noticed that the quality of comments improved. It’s more important to win the battle than win the argument.
April 13, 2012 at 11:59 am
Issuing a challenge, then deleting the comments of people who respond is a fairly serious error.
April 13, 2012 at 12:03 pm
No canecaldo, you are incorrect. “We” did not do this. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.
Before we had discussed it, CL moved it to trash (not deleted). Once I became aware of that, I immediately restored into moderation status and addressed it. I corrected CL’s error. A man needs a bit of time to correct his woman. People are impatient and rush to judgment.
And your subsequent comments were whiny and lacked meaningful citation, after you boasted, ”I can’t count the times they’ve written things that transgressed”. Do your homework rather than complaining, and back up your assertion with fact rather than emotions.
April 13, 2012 at 12:22 pm
For those of you who STILL don’t get what happening here, let us consult Brett Stevens:
“And of course, these stutterers are like leftists, everywhere: they make a career out of evoking sympathy in others. Poor things. Innocent victims. Needy and helpless. There, there… When really, a millimeter beneath the surface appearance, lurks a vicious, ravening monster that knows no mercy, no love, no forgiveness, no quarter, and absolutely no capacity for fun.”
It’s interesting how I have to go to a Nietzschean nihilist conservative to be able to pinpoint the situation. Because, apparently when a Christian does it, he’s being “judgemental” and “uncharitable” and “driving people away from the Church”.
From now on, let’s not call a spade a spade coz that’s what Jesus wouldn’t want us to do; it’s not like He’s ever called people out; hell no, He’s here to give you hugs and cuddles. Gays have equal rights to marry, a cohabiting couple is equal to a married one, abortion is fine, as is masturbation, fornication, and sodomy.
From now on, the only sin is hurting the feelings of adulterers, sodomites, baby-killers, fornicators, and self-abusers. Because that’s what Jesus would want, m’kay.
April 13, 2012 at 12:27 pm
“No canecaldo, you are incorrect. “We” did not do this. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.”
There was no way for any of us to know that, so the logical assumption would be that you just couldn’t take the heat.
Thanks for clarifying though.
Btw, I find it interesting that you said that you would let the situation cool via email and then you turn around and make an attention-whoring post about the situation. Is that how you let situations cool?
April 13, 2012 at 1:56 pm
Well Svar, it did cool. Then when I posted again, the conflagration resumed and necessitated confrontation.
April 13, 2012 at 2:35 pm
I was talking about the recent situation not the entire history.
We can resolve this, but you’re going to have to atleast try not to profit from these spats.
April 13, 2012 at 4:35 pm
I believe my last words on this matter are posted (in moderation) at CL.
December 15, 2013 at 1:12 am
November 18, 2014 at 9:41 am
You don’t have a general “Feedback” link that I can find here, but I wanted to formally apologize for my comments on The Daily Shoah regarding Will S’s sexual orientation. I obviously did have you confused with another blog, and I’m driving myself nuts trying to figure out who. I’ll be sure to mention it on our next episode as well.
November 18, 2014 at 10:43 am
November 18, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Heh. I would like to see you alter the comments of trolls like matt forney does with idiot trolls.
November 18, 2014 at 5:51 pm
More entertainment for the rest of us 🙂
November 18, 2014 at 6:28 pm
Well, we used to do that – you may recall that, back in the day, plus we warn people right in these here rules that that’s a possibility if they get out of line, and we still reserve the right to do so.
If I feel the situation merits it, I’ll do it again.
But I’d rather just not deal with assholes, period, most of the time.:)
May 11, 2016 at 1:19 pm
You might remember me from this article I wrote a couple of years ago: https://praiseoffolly.wordpress.com/does-progressivism-grow-out-of-protestantism/
I’ve noticed you’re tired of all the “blame the Protestant” crowd of the nRx. I would like to get in touch with you and discuss this problem more.
May 13, 2016 at 3:36 am
Hi Todd, indeed, we are very much in agreement. 🙂
Certainly; I’ll send you an email, presently.
May 19, 2016 at 12:30 am
You know the PCUSA you showed to bechtloff?
Is this the same people?
May 19, 2016 at 1:32 am
Ah, excuse me; I told him about confessional Presbyterians, i.e. the PCA and the OPC.
NOT the PCUSA, who are pro-homo mainlines, as you see.
NOT the same people as the Presbyterian churches I prefer.
May 19, 2016 at 1:39 am
Oh ok. I was trying to find the Reformed churches to point to that was uncompromised. But alas this is the top of the google search results. Google pulling crap it seems.
May 19, 2016 at 1:41 am
Maybe, or maybe not; the PCUSA is the biggest single Presbyterian denomination in America, so it isn’t unreasonable that they top Google searches. That said, Google has been known, like Facebook, to manipulate searches / trends.
May 19, 2016 at 3:37 am
Many Reformed churches seem to be compromised it looks like. So how is the PCA and OPC going to keep them from infiltrating as well?
May 19, 2016 at 10:52 am
Are, not is; two different denominations.
How? Actually, neither of those two denominations is free from compromise, they’re just not hopeless like the PCUSA. We will never be free of the tares amongst the wheat…
May 19, 2016 at 8:32 pm
The blessing of apostasy is the exit of the tares. If only those Alinskyites apostatize and reveal their true colours.
May 20, 2016 at 1:29 am
Indeed; it may happen, though perhaps slower than one might hope…
May 21, 2016 at 9:48 am
The problem with evangelicalism is their emphasis on horizontality over verticality. This opens them up to be compromised. And they fall much quicker than those who are vertically focused.
May 21, 2016 at 9:59 am
Very much so.
May 24, 2016 at 9:26 am
I remember a post about how others sees certain Christians and how Christians see themselves. I think this picture shows how the Reformed see themselves better than the current image:
May 24, 2016 at 10:22 am
September 1, 2016 at 8:45 am
How should the reformed churches deal with entryism in your opinion?
September 1, 2016 at 11:47 am
If someone isn’t in alignment with our creeds and confessions, if they deny anything in Scripture, they can and ought to be disciplined, and if they won’t repent and recant, ultimately excommunicated.
September 1, 2016 at 6:16 pm
The reason mainline protestantism died is because of this lack of church discipline?
September 2, 2016 at 5:04 am
Certainly that’s a factor, combined with the infestation of progressive values (no discipline to stop false teaching from entering and ultimately taking over. Read Gary North’s ‘Crossed Fingers’ for an excellent account of how progs took over the PC-USA and turned it from a confessing Reformed church into a mainline church).
September 2, 2016 at 9:52 am
Its the cuckservatives that doomed them.
September 2, 2016 at 10:12 am
I don’t know about that; usually mainlines are filled with progs, not neo-cons.
September 2, 2016 at 11:14 am
I actually read the cross-fingers. And there was a substantial contingent of get-along men who hampered the church mobilizing against the threat.
Causing its infiltration and failure
September 2, 2016 at 11:29 am
October 23, 2016 at 8:28 am
Have the OPC and PCA exercised this discipline recently to deal with feminist ideological infiltration and other liberalisms? I mean what i hate is the fact that people have to keep retreating to another church to escape it.
We should be going on the offensive.
October 23, 2016 at 8:43 am
I don’t belong to either, and I don’t know where they are these days in that regard.
October 5, 2016 at 10:21 pm
Dear Will. Would you look into this?
I recommended PCA and OPC but it appears that one of the commentators from it say its compromised as well.
October 7, 2016 at 10:37 pm
TL;DR; can’t be arsed to get into the details.
Look, IMO, many if not most OPCs are good; many PCAs also are; as with many denominations, one must judge individual churches / pastors on a case-by-case basis.
I’ve made recommendations here before; I ain’t regurgitating what I’ve written already. If you want to share my thoughts with him, look up what I’ve written, and show him.
October 13, 2016 at 9:54 pm
Alright point taken.
October 6, 2016 at 3:54 am
Looks like every church needs an inquisition:
October 7, 2016 at 10:39 pm
Ecclesia reformata, semper reformanda, as our Protestant forefathers said.
October 11, 2016 at 8:56 pm
Aside from allegiance to the Hestia society what do you think?
July 30, 2017 at 9:25 pm
August 1, 2017 at 7:17 am
August 1, 2017 at 5:09 pm
October 23, 2018 at 10:29 am
July 31, 2019 at 9:23 am
English Orthodox Psalm to the praise of God the Highest:
January 10, 2021 at 10:37 pm
I’m appalled at the almost total power the woke corporations seem to have now.
I really don’t want my money going to companies that despise me and my family.
What I would love to have is a web site or list of companies that are NOT woke.
After the Gillette ad in early 2019 I switched to Schick. So did many others. A year later they’d lost a billion+ dollars.
Is there any web site or database you could refer me (or others) to so we can direct our dollars accordingly, to buy other non-woke products or services???
January 10, 2021 at 10:50 pm
Hi Hans, I haven’t investigated to see if such exists, I would like to know, too!
February 27, 2022 at 10:28 pm
My kind of Worship music: