1) Liberalism has its own deity–the State
2) Liberalism has its own clergy–the judiciary, public school teachers, and university profs
3) Liberalism has its own creation story–the myth of evolution
4) Liberalism has its own end-times eschatology–the violent destruction of the world via Malthusian overpopulation or, alternatively, global cooling global warming anthropogenic climate change.
5) Liberalism has its own saints–women, non-whites, and homosexuals
6) Liberalism has its own sacraments–abortion, choice mommyhood, and fornication–note the obsession with sex and sexuality.
7) Liberalism has its own tithing–taxation
8) Liberalism has its own houses of worship–courts and the halls of Congress
9) Liberalism has its own ‘sunday schools’–public schools and the universities, in which students are educated in liberal catechisms and pieties
10) Liberalism has its own mutaween, or those that enforce the edicts of liberalism. These religious police may be employed by the State, or they may be of the mob, as we saw in the “L’Affaire Eich” in which an intolerant gaystapo took down a CEO earlier this year for the offense of nothing more than donating $1,000 to a pro-marriage advocacy group.
11) Liberalism has its own dogmas (viz. “climate change” above, also class privilege, knowledge sufficiency, do-good government, egalite, tolerance, diversity, “IPV is about power and control”, to name a few examples )–and punishes heretical “deniers” with vigor.
Ideologies act very much like religions, indeed.
Like environmentalism (itself a subset of the progressive religion)…
*Update: The World Naked Bike Rides I added to my environmentalism post as an environmentalist ritual observance / pilgrimage, can also be classified more broadly as a liberal ritual observance too, due to the element of nudity being present for the purpose, according to Wikipedia (NSFW), to “deliver a vision of a cleaner, safer, body-positive world”. They’re not content to merely agitate for encouraging a supposedly more ‘natural’ mode of transportation, but they need to confront taboos about public nudity in the process, because apparently those of us opposed are ‘body-negative’, doncha know…
So World Naked Bike Rides, like nudity in gay pride parades, are to help ‘break down negative stereotypes’ yada yada.
All part of promoting liberalism’s ‘cult of the body’…