About / Rules
Patriactionary = Portmanteau of ‘patriarchal’ and ‘reactionary’.
Who we are
Christian men who reject modernity, feminism, and churchian weak-sauce.
Our blog, our rules.
Commenting at Patriactionary is a privilege, not a right.
You will not be allowed to comment here if:
- You use obvious shaming tactics
- You’re an obvious troll – whether a shrieking fembot, a flaming liberal, an axe-grinding, chip-on-your-shoulder anti-Christian / anti-religious atheist, or a bloodthirsty, foaming-at-the-mouth, rabid, warmongering neo-con, or any other kind of annoying troll with no business being here. We welcome genuine debate, but not condescending, sneering comments or shrieking hate-filled remarks.
- You are a female pretending to be a male
- You annoy Will
- You bore Matthew
- You aggravate Ulysses / Dr. Eric Stratton
- You somehow manage to exasperate ElectricAngel enough, who is extraordinarily patient
- You sound fat
Things that annoy Will
- “But the Greek says / the Hebrew says…” (i.e. arguments that the common, orthodox interpretation of what Scripture says are wrong, due to mistranslations / misunderstandings in preparing translations, twisting the original meaning, which ostensibly would have permitted certain heresies / immoral behaviour)
- Irrational female-style argumentation tactics, e.g. “You’re wrong, because that’s not true of people I know / where I live…”
- Spergy bitches ranting incoherently / inconsistently, without a discernable point to their rants.
- Real personal insults and rudeness towards us bloghosts (as distinguished from good-natured, manly ribbing); condescending attitudes and excessive snarkiness towards us
- “Guilt-by-association” objections to links: address the substance of what is being discussed, not the website hosting, or character traits of the person that are not relevant to the subject at hand. Esp. no whining, “But he’s / she’s / they’re raaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccciiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssttttttttttttt!”, and the like.
- Telling us how we ought or ought not to run our site.
- Poor spelling, punctuation, and the like.
- Commenting for the first time on really, really old posts while (a) having nothing to say that hasn’t already been said by others, and/or (b) vehemently disagreeing in an insulting, attacking manner, troll-like – on a long-dead post. Do you really think you’re gonna get your comment approved? No, idiot.
- Wanting to comment at our blog when you either (a) don’t allow any comments at your own blog (that’s your privilege, but don’t expect to be part of any conversation, other than through back-and-forth blog posts, at most) or (b) don’t allow dissenting comments, which is even less fair play: that means you want your voice heard at our blog, but won’t necessarily allow ours? You don’t get to comment here.
Things that bore Matthew
- Digression cascades
- Females describing their persons without providing photographic evidence
Things that aggravate Ulysses / Dr. Eric Stratton
- Confusing realism and misogyny, in either direction. We are men, not Little Rascals
- Forgetting you know only what you do not know
- Being unaware that they are called skinny jeans for a reason
Things that exasperate ElectricAngel
- Leading the little lambs to slaughter, like Milton’s Satan jealously looking on the Garden of Eden
- Making poor arguments for a position he holds dear
- Lazy Englishmen who use the myth of the Black Spaniard to whip up fear in the populace so as to keep their ill-gotten wealth during the “Reformation.” Say “Spanish Inquisition” to him and he will descend upon you with all the unimpeachable logic and rapier wit of St. Edmund Campion
- People who use “where” when they mean “were,” and people who use “loose” when they mean lose.